Dr. Taryn Altendorfer
Hi, my name is Taryn Altendorfer (she/they). I hold a Doctorate in Acupuncture and Chinese Herbal Medicine, and I have been in practice since 2014. I enjoy working with individuals of all gender identities and sexual orientations. I’m honored to be part of Prism Integrated Health, where I can extend my passion for helping individuals find balance with their health and wellness.
My practice philosophy includes compassion at the core of each session because I believe being met with compassion AND having self-compassion are key components to facilitate balance and healing. I recognize the courage it takes to prioritize self-care, and I love being of service and meeting people wherever they are on their health journey. I also love introducing people to acupuncture, so if you feel timid to try it be rest assured that I intend to make the experience as relaxing and comfortable as possible.
My intention is to help bridge the gap between Eastern Medicine and Western Medicine. My primary treatment modalities of acupuncture and cupping are rooted in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), and I combine health education based on both Eastern Medicine (TCM and Ayurveda) and Bioregulatory and Functional Medicine (FM). It was my own positive experiences as a patient of natural medicine that inspired me to become a practitioner myself. My first career was serving as a mental health social worker, so I have a true passion for integrated care.
- Emotional health (stress, anxiety, depression, grief, insomnia)
- Digestive dysfunction (IBS, reflux, bloating, food sensitivities)
- Pain (musculoskeletal injuries, muscle tension, post-operative care)
- Initial acupuncture visit – $140
- 60 minute follow-up – $95
- Cupping – $60 per session or 3 for $150
- Fire Cupping – $70 per session of 3 for $190
- Ear seeding – $60 per session or 3 for $160